Recipe & Image by Ms. Poonam Sharma
Quinoa, a recent entree on the food scene, is rich in protein, fibre, is gluten-free, and makes for an excellent addition to salads, kebabs, cheela (pancakes), and whatnot. Soy nuggets provide us with all the goodness of Soybean minus the fat content. Add to this grandeur goodness of various healthful vegetables and Voila you have health and taste served on a platter.
Make this dish and let us know how you like it in the comments.
Quinoa: 1/2 cup, Soy Nuggets: 1/2 cup, Green Peas: 1/2 cup, Capsicum / Bell Peppers: (diced); 1/2 cup, Carrot (chopped): 1/4 cup, Beans (chopped): 1/4 cup, Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli (optional, as per taste): Minced, Oil: 1 teaspoon, Lemon Juice: 1 lemon, Salt & Other Spices: As per taste, Fresh coriander leaves (a few): for garnishing.
- Wash and rinse quinoa. Add a little salt and boil.
- Once done drain excess water if any and fluff it with a fork.
- Meanwhile, boil soy nuggets with a pinch of salt and then squeeze the water and pulse it in a blender to make a keema kind of texture.
- Heat oil in a pan, add whole spices, ginger-garlic-green chili, and for a few minutes.
- Now add chopped vegetables, saute, and add all the powdered spices except garam masala (if using).
- Cover the veggies and cook till done but not mushy.
- Add quinoa and soy nuggets keema and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle some water if needed.
- Remove from flame; add garam masala, and lemon juice, and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Yummy and healthy pulao is ready to eat!
P.S. the selection of veggies to be added is entirely on you. We made the dish with Indian spices. You can change the flavour by adding different herbs and spices.