Although flaxseeds contain a large number of healthy components, it is super rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, lignans & fibre which account for its reputation. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 g omega-3 fatty acids. Lignans have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseeds contain 75 to 800 times more lignans than other plant foods. Flaxseeds contain both the soluble and insoluble fibre in abundance.
Ingredients: (Makes 4)
Wheat flour – 1 cup (150 grams), Flaxseed (roasted and ground): 3 T (20 g), Lemon juice (1 lemon), Onion (1 small chopped), Green chilli (1 small chopped), Salt & Spices (to taste)
- Make a soft dough of wheat flour.
- Add onion, green chilli, lemon juice and spices in ground flaxseed. Add a few drops of mustard oil if the mixture is very dry.
- Make rounds of dough and stuff it with flaxseed mixture.
- Roll into chapattis and cook on a griddle (tawa).
- Enjoy with green chutney.
Flaxseeds can be replaced with roasted ground chana powder in the recipe.