The recipe calls for use of different pulses. Pulses provide protein, dietary fibre, and like other plant-based foods, they contain no cholesterol and little fat or sodium. Pulses also provide iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and other minerals, which play a variety of roles in maintaining good health. They also contain phytochemicals, which may reduce the risk of certain types of cancers and other diseases.
Soybean: 50 g, Chickpeas: 50 g, Black-eyed beans: 50 g, Kidney beans: 50 g (All soaked for a minimum of 4 hours)
Onion: 3 (medium, chopped), Tomato: 4 (medium, chopped), Garlic cloves: 6 (crushed), Ginger: 1 T (chopped), Coriander powder: 1 T, Salt & Red Chilli: To taste, Oil: For Tempering, Fresh Coriander Leaves: A few (to garnish).
- Boil soybean, chickpeas, and black-eyed beans together and kidney beans separately; till tender.
- Heat oil, add onion and cook till they turn pink.
- Add tomatoes cook till a little mushy.
- Stir in garlic, ginger and all dry spices. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add boiled pulses with half bowl water.
- Cover with a lid and simmer till done but not mushy.
- Serve hot sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander leaves.