Soya Chana Kebabs are a delectable protein-packed vegetarian alternative to traditional meat-based kebabs. These flavourful kebabs are crafted from a blend of two key ingredients: soybeans (soya) and chickpeas (chana). This combination not only provides a hearty texture but also makes them a rich source of plant-based protein.
To prepare Soya Chana Kebabs, soak, boil, and mash together soybeans and chickpeas. You can enhance the flavour profile by adding a medley of aromatic spices and seasonings, including garlic, ginger, garam masala, and coriander. Shape the mixture into patties or skewer it for grilling.
Defatted soy flour products, such as soya granules and chunks, result from the extraction of soybean oil. It is quick to cook and its protein content is comparable to various animal foods. The addition of vegetables makes it rich in vitamins, minerals & antioxidants.
Ingredients for Soya Chana Kebab: (Serving size: 2 kebabs)
Soybean Granules: 20 g, Bengal Gram Pulse: 15 g, Mix vegetables (Carrot, Potato, Beetroot, etc.): 70-100 g, Salt & other Spices: To taste, Oil: for brushing the kebabs.
- Boil and peel potatoes.
- Pressure cook the pulse and vegetables.
- Soak soybean chunks in warm water for a few minutes.
- Mash potatoes, veggies, bengal gram pulse, and soybean.
- Add salt and spices and mix well.
- Shape them into small balls and flatten them with both palms.
- Brush the kebabs with oil.
- Bake at 200℃ till the kebabs turn golden brown.
- Turn the other side and bake again.
- Soya Chana Kebab is ready. Serve hot with green chutney.